Monday, May 25, 2015

November 17, 1968 The Last Football Game, The Notre Dame Meeting, The Grey Taffeta Dress and The Regular Checks


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It's a cold, rainy day. ISU is playing its last football game for the year but I sure didn't want to go in this.

I hope the weather doesn't stay bad because we're going to South Bend, Indiana on Tuesday & stay until Thursday. B has a meeting at Notre Dame so I'm going along. I may take my Xmas cards & address them because I won't go to the meetings with him. It will be nice to be away from the telephone.

Ann called this week besides writing several times. I sent her a white wool dress & she was so happy to get it she had to tell me so. She was wearing a summer dress when we were there because she had to wear white for the chorus & that's all she had. So I got some wool jersey & used a pattern I knew fit & just sent it to her.



She was surprised & so happy. I have a gray taffeta cut out for her but haven't told her about it either because I don't know when I'll get it finished. She doesn't have many real dressy things & I thought she'd need them around the holidays. She was going to Rolla to some things this weekend.


I actually got a dress finished for myself this week. It is just a cheap dress I can wear to Quill Club or clean up in.


I had the rest of my physical exam this week. The Dr. keeps adding more tests to my record & I sure think he knows all about me now. He says everyone over 40 should do this & he just keeps at it until his record is complete. This week I had x-rays of the kidneys, bowels, stomach & gall bladder. I think that will be the last except regular checks on my blood. The tests weren't bad but it took most of two mornings.

It's almost suppertime & I've got to wash my hair so I'd better get it done.

Hope you both are fine."

                    Love,

                            Bonnie

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!