Wednesday, May 6, 2015

July 13, 1968 The Boiling Sun, The Little Train, The Letters and The Old Steps


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"The sun is really boiling down today & tomorrow is supposed to be about the same. I went to a brunch this morning so haven't accomplished much. I'm not very fond of Saturday parties but had a nice time. There were about 60 women there and most of them were ones that have been at school for years so it was nice to be at a party where I knew everyone. It constantly surprises me how many people know Bob & keep asking about the wedding.


Bob called Monday evening and said they have jobs. He had worked that day & Pat had been called to start work while he was gone. They are both working in an amusement park. He is driving a tram-car which is a sort of little train that carries people from the parking lot to the area when there are rides & such. We rode in one when we went to Disneyland. Pat didn't know what she'd be doing but probably selling tickets or something like that. They aren't making enough to save anything but they can support themselves this summer anyway.


I think I told you I wrote a lot of letters for Bob to medical schools. The catalogs are beginning to come and it sure makes interesting reading. One came from the University of Rochester, N.Y. today and I can hardly wait to read it. One of our local doctors went to school there and his mother had told me about it.



I must be rested more now for I'm not nearly so tired. I've started sewing for Ann again and want to get her school clothes ready before we go to Oregon. One dress is all done but the hem and buttons. Yesterday I cut out another dress, a robe, and a jumper so I've started anyway. I also played golf twice this week but haven't done much cooking.

I had a letter from Beulah today & was so glad to hear from her. It will probably take Daddy's ankle a long time to heal so he'd better start a long book. I'm glad it's better. Those old steps have given both of you plenty of blue spots. I wish you didn't have them. I mean the steps, but the blue spots, too.

I must stop & go peel apples. One of the neighbors brought a bucket of them so I'd better get started on apple sauce."

                          Lots of love,

                               Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!