Friday, May 29, 2015

December 14, 1968 The Clutter, The Christmas Parties, The White Elephants and The Decorations


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"My house looks like the Krutzer's used to. There is clutter everywhere and I don't see much hope of getting it straightened very soon. I've been trying to make myself a jacket dress so that keeps the house messy. I always have to have the ironing board up when I sew & that adds to the clutter.

This week has sure been a busy one. I've been to two Christmas parties (one a luncheon), a play and a swim show. The students sent us tickets for the play so we felt we should go. They were both very nice. There are so many things I'd like to go to--music programs, etc. but there simply isn't time.


Tonight we have our potluck Christmas party but we are going out to eat. Everyone is so busy right now we don't want to take time to cook up anything special. Then we have a gift exchange of white elephants. We're taking a pair of spats that have been going around the group for years. I don't know how old they are or where they came from in the beginning--out of someone's attic I suppose. It is all in fun and no one spends any money.

Ann, Bob & Pat will all be home on Thursday so I've been trying to get their things and I think I'm about through. We mailed your package this morning. Anything in it can be exchanged within the next month.

We are having very cold weather & some snow. I hope the snowy, slick weather holds off until the kids are all home.

I have a few decoration up but will let the children put up the tree. Why don't you cut some sprigs from your evergreens in front & make a big centerpiece with them & your Xmas balls instead of a tree? Use all your other decorations & your house will look Christmasy. You could put evergreens across your mantle & put your lights on them, too.

Bob probably won't know until March or April about the research grant. It would be his job for the summer.

I hope you both are fine."

                    Lots of love,

                       Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!