Thursday, May 28, 2015

December 10, 1968 The Beautiful Weekend, The Open House, The Change in Plans and The Full Calendar


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We have had a beautiful weekend both weather-wise and good-time-wise. Wheelers left from the Bloomington airport about 10:00 this morning. They are fine but worried constantly about their boy. You remember he had cancer in the neck glands last spring. So far, everything is all right but they can't be sure for ten years. They know they have to live with this but it is hard. He is just Bob's age.


B & I drove to Peoria on Friday afternoon to meet Wheelers. That evening the men went to a meeting and Evelyn & I just visited. Berenice Moore took us to lunch Saturday and then Sunday we had Open House. It was such fun and they had a wonderful time but I was so tired this afternoon that I took a nap.

So I just now got my sheets changed and the washing machine started. I did wash up the silver and put the things away from yesterdays party.

I am saving wool scraps for you and have several so you can use them in Roger's quilt if you want to. I could have brought them Thanksgiving but there weren't many & I didn't know whether you'd want to fool with them.

Bob called yesterday to say they'd had to change their plans about coming home. He has an exam scheduled so they had to take a later flight. It means they'll get in to Chicago about the time Ann will be getting home so B will probably have to go alone to meet them.

Our calendar is so full right now I don't know when I'm going to get things done.

I have been putting things in the freezer so there will be goodies already made for the kids.


Larsens sent a lovely poinsettia for the Open House and Wheelers gave us a huge bouquet of mums so I have lots of flowers in the house now.  Too bad I don't have time for some more parties.

We hope you both are fine."

                       Lots of love,

                            Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!