Tuesday, April 28, 2015

May 9, 1968 The Little Package, The Odd Moments, The Short Article, The Box of Books and The Style Show


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"There's a little package on the way, Mother. It isn't very much but is sent with lots of love and I hope you enjoy it.

I'm glad Daddy's glasses are better. Can he read lots better now?

I have sewed all week in odd moments on my wedding dress. Time was getting so short and I was spending hours looking and not finding anything I could wear. I haven't finished it yet but it's looking pretty good.

We've been looking for B a suit, too but don't have a sample of Bob's so don't know what we are looking for. Pat's mother was supposed to send the suit but must have misunderstood for it hasn't come yet. I wrote to her this morning.

There are so many things going on at school I can't even keep up. We run from one thing to another and are tired of it all. This is the one time I'll be glad when it is out.

We didn't get to hear the missionary from Korea but there was a short article in the paper about his talk.

Bob sent another box of books this week. Sometime this month I have to make a path to his bed. I've stacked the books in his room until I have time to clean off some shelves and I don't know when I'm going to find the time.

I'm still working on the Vacation Bible School project and that is certainly a big nuisance right now. There is so much detail.

I'm modeling my kimono in a style show tonight and B has to go to a concert by himself. He wouldn't go, but had a special invitation so thinks he'd better. Ann has choir practice, too.


This isn't much of a letter but I must stop & get ready to go to a luncheon. I've been drying my hair while I'm writing. Ann has a hair dryer like yours and I guess I'll have to get one when she goes away to school.



Have a happy Mother's Day. We'll be thinking about you."

                         Love,

                           Bonnie

NOTE:  In the news; celebrities working hard on behalf of Bobby Kennedy, including Lesley Gore as the chairman of the First-Time Voters.  No wonder Mom thought her music was fun.




2 comments:

  1. Interesting post as usual, I liked the images. I remember Paul Newman in the film "The Hustler" and also in a motor racing film, the title of which I can't recall. Lovely colours in the kimono image. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Forgot to say....I enjoyed the image of the electrical appliances too :-)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!