Sunday, April 12, 2015

December 16, 1967 The Good Idea, The Big News, The Gloomy Weather, The 90 Kids and The Wool Quilt



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We've been dashing around all morning so we could go meet Bob about 6:00. We'll have to leave here in about an hour and I'm trying to get my hair dry. We mailed your box this morning and hope it gets there on time and in good shape. Charlotte's & Jerry's packages are in there, too. I'm going to suggest to Beulah that the kids stop exchanging gifts but I don't know what she'll think. I didn't even think of it when we were home. Ann thinks it's a good idea.

We have big news. Bob gave Pat a diamond and they plan to be married after school is out in June. They'll get an apartment and finish school at William & Mary. She is a year ahead of Bob and will get her Master's there too while he finishes his senior year. Her name is Patricia Anne. She has long, dark blonde hair and is 5"7". We all think she is wonderful--maybe because she plans to be a teacher (mathematics). She is coming the day after Christmas and Bob wants to bring her to Richland very badly. I don't see how we can manage it but we'll try to let you know. Don't stay home expecting them or fuss about their coming for she's real easy to have around and just a plain, sweet girl.

Bob wanted the announcement in tomorrow's paper but didn't send the picture in time so we'll get it done maybe New Year's. It is too late for the Christmas issue but we'll send you a clipping when it comes out. B is writing the rest of the family.

I've waited about their Xmas cards until I had time to write about it.

We have had the gloomy weather, too, but today is gloriously sunny. I haven't had time to even look at the gloom, though.

I had one day at home this week. Then I went to 4 Christmas parties and a concert and we had about 90 kids here for a party afterwards. They were all so dressed up and polite that it was a real nice affair.

I hope Daddy's fingers are healing. I'm going to call him Calamity Sam if he doesn't stop doing things like that. Is he careless or trying to work too fast? And if he's working on that book holder for me tell him to take it easy and wait a while. I still haven't had a chance to go to the lumber yard but I will. And Mother, don't hurry with that wool quilt. I haven't touched my knitting in a long time but I like to have pick-up work.


I must stop and dress. The old clock keeps moving ahead and I'm not ready to go to Chicago.

How is Uncle Floyd? They seem to have a time.

Take care of yourselves."

                      Lots of love,

                             Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!