Thursday, March 26, 2015

August 20, 1967 The Plain White Curtains, The Historical Importance and The Pan of Brownies



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It is a cold, gloomy day--strange for this time of the year. We had some rain yesterday and this morning. I've been shopping twice today and haven't done much else. The upstairs bathroom curtains came apart when I washed them so it took awhile to find some. I didn't want to make any and finally found some at Wards. They are just plain white.

B has worked in the basement all day changing some of the wiring. He's putting the washer and dryer on different circuits because I blow a fuse every once in awhile.

I finished reading Manchester's book this week and really don't know what to think of it. It is interesting but I'm not sure it is the great book of historical importance that it was supposed to have been. Anyway, I'll bring it to you one of these days.

We haven't heard from Bob but suppose he is through with his work and is probably in Atlanta by now. He should be home by the end of the week. He and Ann want to come to Richland for a few days. Just when, I don't know. B couldn't come but I'd like to, if they'll let me--which is doubtful. We'll try to let you know.


Ann appreciated the money for her birthday and will be writing to you soon. Her birthday was very simple. I made her a white cake with lemon filling but she didn't even want candles on it. We had bought her a cotton suit which she had picked out before we went on vacation so she didn't have a package. Everyone sent her money so she bought some culottes which matched the suit and was happy about that.


I ordered a piece of brown Dacron shantung to make an early fall dress and it is real pretty but very light brown. While I was downtown I hunted a new pattern but didn't find one.

Ann's braces are all off her teeth now and she doesn't have to go back anymore. She was worried about cavities under the two bands that had been on so long but her teeth are just fine.

We can buy good homegrown tomatoes now but they are still 20¢ a lb. Our friends have been giving us tomatoes though so we haven't had to buy very many.


It's about time I started supper. Ann made a pan of brownies so that is dessert right there.

Hope both of you are fine."

                   Lots of love,

                        Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!