Saturday, January 17, 2015

May 1, 1966 The Two Salamanders, The Nice Underwear, The Nice Dent, The Shantung Dress and The 50 Phone Calls



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We've been having the coldest, wet days but things are growing. The fruit trees are blooming and a little sunshine would bring out tulips and other things.

Bob went on a field biology trip today with some school kids and I thought he'd be frozen but he said it was nice & they had a wonderful time. Now I have two more salamanders in the refrigerator. They went to an Indiana State Park in a school bus so we got up at 5:00 this morning.


B says to thank you for the nice underwear. He always needs it, at least it seems that way. In fact, it's hard to keep him in nice looking clothes. They get such hard wear. He bought a new summer suit today. It is dark--sort of a grey-green.


B had a nice birthday. We went to church and then loafed around in the afternoon. That evening we all went to Larsen's for supper and Malcolm's family went, too. The children left early but the rest of us sat and visited a long time.

I finally finished the shantung dress except for the belt buckle. It is too cold to wear it now. I wanted to wear it to the spring faculty dinner this week but wore the yellow wool suit I've had for 3 or 4 years. It still looks nice.


Ann is still making skirts and having a great time. I have a piece of pink shantung to make up for her & I ought to get it done this week for she needs it.


I've done a lot of running around this week--went to two meetings, a dinner, a luncheon and talked on the phone 50 times, I'll bet.

Did I tell you a girl backed into our car and put a nice dent in it? It is fixed now and she is supposed to pay for it but she hasn't brought the check yet. It wasn't very bad but it was a nuisance because I had to run around getting kids and then do without a car for awhile.

The clubs are beginning to wind up their year and I'll soon be through with Pen Women. I'll be so glad. It isn't hard to do but there is so much little stuff to do all the time. I'll be president of As You Like It until September but they don't meet during the summer and I don't plan to have much to do after the last meeting in May.

We are all fine and hope you are. Bob came home so happy tonight after a good day. He's been cross all week but the disappointment may be wearing off now. I hope so. He had 2 invitations to nice affairs honoring students this week and that should boost his morale."

                           Lots of love,

                               Bonnie

1 comment:

I welcome your comments!