Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 23, 1966 The Beautiful Day, The Quiet Birthday, The Dirt and The Shoes




Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This is a beautiful day but blue cold. We have had a tiny bit of snow this week but it is hard to believe that January is on its way out and we still haven't had any bad snow storms.


Bob had a nice, quiet birthday. He appreciated the money and says thanks. I made a cake and we had a nice supper without any other boys. He said he didn't have time to have anyone. He is still getting invitations from schools and yesterday got an acceptance form Florida State. So he can go there if Yale doesn't take him. Bob had a birthday card from Beulah but she just wrote a short note on it.

I finished reading Herman Wouk's Don't Stop the Carnival.  It is very interesting but has an awful lot of dirt in it. There was a short part of the Jeane Dixon story in Reader's Digest one time. It makes you wonder.

Why don't you try ordering a coat? My white one came from Penney's and I ordered it. Order two at a time and send them back if you don't like them.

My crocheted suit was coming along fine and I have the skirt almost done. But I think it's too tight so I may have to do it over.

Everyone seems so busy. It is the end of the semester and final exams have started. We went to a potluck supper last night and the kids went to parties. Thursday I was gone all day--started with a brunch in the morning, then As You Like It, and finally the Quill Club that night. It was too much for one day. I went to a funeral Wednesday and then went shopping Friday morning so it seems that I've been on the run. Lots of sales are going on and I found two pairs of shoes--one low heeled black suede & the other a spring shoe (black). I was lucky.

I must get this to the mailbox or it won't go out tonight. Hope you both are fine."

                     Lots of love,

                          Bonnie

NOTE:  Jeane Dixon was a celebrity psychic working with the FBI, among others, in the 1960s.  Read more:
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/psychic-dixon-fbi-pawn-article-1.854100

For more on Wouk's book:  http://www.sleuthsayers.org/2014/04/back-to-carnival.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!