Tuesday, December 2, 2014

July 2, 1965 The Visiting Summer Faculty, The Wedding Brunch, The Letters, The Rain and The Mimosa Tree



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Ann is all packed up and ready to go to Virginia Rose's.  In fact, she'd like us to start tonight but we can drive it all tomorrow without any trouble.  B and I will stay with them tomorrow night and come back Sunday.

This has been a busy week.  We had Larsens here for supper Tuesday night and they left Wed. for a month's vacation.  They will be back so B can have the rest of his vacation in Aug. and then Art will go on leave for awhile.  He seems to get along pretty well but has to have lots of rest to keep going.

Wed. afternoon there was a tea for the visiting summer faculty people and I poured.  There were a few who came back to teach here summer after summer but there were more new faces.

Today Ann & I went to a brunch for a friend who is getting married.  B & I will go to the reception. It will be a big Catholic wedding. The father is a judge and they were with us on the trip last summer and B is on a hospital committee with the man.

Ann has spent most of the week writing letters to kids she met at camp. She has been getting a lot of mail every day--five letters today.

Bob and I would like to have a mimosa tree in our back yard.  Can you save us some seeds? They were blooming all thru the south and just huge. We want to put it at the edge of the patio where we had the willow. Maybe its roots won't go into the neighbor's plumbing like the willow did.

We had a good letter from Bob yesterday. He is still having a big time and wanted us to send his swim fins. The kids are going to the beach on week-ends.

We had a wonderful rain this morning and needed it so terribly. I don't have many flowers--some pink poppies and lilies. The marigold seeds Daddy gave me last year came up but I haven't had a chance to look for them lately so the weeds probably choked them out.

We hope to see all of you in August sometime but haven't any plans made. The time goes so fast and my list of projects gets longer all the time. If the weather stays fairly cool, though, I can get a lot done in a day.

Tell Beulah I'll try to answer her letter one of these days. It was so nice to hear from her. Take care of yourselves."

                       Lots of love,

                            Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Like the photo at the top of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike. I thought it was neat. It's from a Ladies Home Journal, 1965.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!