Wednesday, June 25, 2014

March 24, 1963 The Glorious Day, The Cotton Suit, The Music Camp and The Buzzing Workmen



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I've spent most of the day cleaning up the house.  Jim will be here tomorrow night so I've had to do a little extra.  He is coming to be interviewed for the job Woody left.  B and Watty will meet his plane at 7:00 tomorrow night in Chicago so it will be late when they get to Normal.  He will stay with us at night but won't be here in the daytime for he'll spend most of the time at school.

Today has been a glorious day.  It was in the 70's but tomorrow is supposed to be cool.  Bob cleaned some of the iris beds this morning and the whole yard needs it.

I finally finished my cotton suit except for the blouse part so I bought a little knit top to wear with the suit.  I'll still make the blouse but I don't know when I'll get at it.  The suit is beige and the blouse is orange.  The knit top I bought is a rust.  I wanted to wear it to a luncheon on Tuesday so I let the house go and finished it.

The Education Wives met Thursday afternoon and there was a room meeting with Ann's teacher that night.  I went to a coffee Friday morning.  So you see why I was behind with my cleaning.

Ann has been given a scholarship by the Women's Club to a music camp.  It will pay half and it is the only one given in Bloomington.  Ann will go to DuQuoin, Illinois (in southern Ill.) for two weeks in June.  She is real thrilled and we're glad for her.  She has wanted to go to camp for so long and Bob has been to Scout camp several times.  Most everything they do seems to be music. She will have 2 piano lessons & a flute lesson each week besides chorus, piano ensemble and band.

I haven't looked inside our church but the workmen are sure buzzing around there.  They have been excavating for the basement of the new wing this week.

Maybe I could start you another pussy willow but I don't know whether I could keep it alive in a pot till August.  Our vacation will be in Aug. this year.  We're so glad so Bob can go to school & we can still have a trip maybe.

We are all fine now but I had a pretty bad time with my stomach for a few days. I must have had a flu bug for I was miserable.

I haven't had much time to knit on Ann's sweater but I told her it would take me a year to finish it.

It has taken me almost an hour to write this and Ann is playing the piano so I can't think very well.  It's time I studied my Sunday School lesson anyway."

                     Lots of love,

                           Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!