Saturday, April 26, 2014

January 13, 1962 Streets Like Glass, Drill Bits, College Girls and Knutsdagen



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We almost feel as if spring was here for it's about 25° today.  It has been horribly cold.  Some days it never got above zero.  I ran a taxi all week for I was afraid to let the kids walk to school.  The streets have been like glass until today.

We haven't had a chance to get the bits but probably can this weekend unless we get another storm.  I hope Daddy hasn't been looking for them everyday.

My cold still isn't all gone but it is just tag ends & probably will last a long time.  I didn't go to S.S. last Sunday because I was still sneezing but I've stopped that.


We are still talking about an organ.  Some of our friends are interested too so we invited two couples over last night to hear our records.  I think one couple will get one already built & probably soon.  The woman is an organist so she wants a better one than I would ever want. 

I've had a houseful of college girls today.  The Y.M.C.A. girls came about 9:00.  I gave them lunch and they left about 2:00.  They really like to come & we like for them to.  There were 15 of us at noon.

Never!
Oh yes, the pants got here just fine.  Thanks for sending them.

I ordered me two pairs of shoes from Ward's sale sheet but don't like either one.  They have long square toes & look awful.  I'll send them back & keep looking.

We are all going to the president's for a party tonight.  It is the end of the Swedish Christmas and we are going to take the Christmas tree down.  It is a children's party & should be fun & certainly different.

We have a new Ward's catalog but I haven't had time to look at it.

I got Ann's Christmas skirt made & was going to make the blouse too & then discovered there wasn't any blouse pattern in the pattern I had bought.  It was all skirts.

Time is going so fast so I'd better stop since we have to be at the party at 6:00.  Don't give up on the bits, Daddy."

                      Lots of love,

                             Bonnie

NOTE:  Marking the end of the Christmas season with the Bone family became a favored tradition involving lots of energetic charades, un-decorating the tree and sweeping the needles out the front door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!