Tuesday, April 29, 2014

February 4, 1962 Sick of T.V., Inside Russia Today and No News

eBay
Dear Mother & Daddy,

"The fog is thick enough to cut this morning but the sun is trying to come through.

This has been a useless week.  Ann went back to school one day and came home sick.  She had a terrible cold and her head was so stopped up she could hardly breathe.  She is better and I think she'll be fine Monday.  Bob went back for a few days & then got up yesterday with another sore throat.  He isn't up yet this morning.  There is so much of this stuff that they catch it all over when they go back to school.  I thought I was getting it last night but I feel all right today.

There isn't any let-up in B's work yet but he won't have to work tomorrow.  I just don't get anything done myself.  The kids and I are sick of T.V. but we've been reading.  I'm reading John Gunther's Inside Russia Today.  It is real interesting but it belongs to a girl in my book club and I have to take it back on Monday so I don't think I can finish it.  I'm going to the library & get it so then I can finish it.  We pass books once a month and I've had it long enough to read but just fooled around.

I haven't heard about my manuscripts yet.  My book hasn't been gone but two months and this publisher is so very slow I won't look for any answer before 6 months or even a year.  That's a long time to wait.  I should hear about the Children's Day play I sent to St. Louis before long, though.  The Christian Board of Publications is usually pretty prompt & it has been two weeks.  I have always heard from them in about a month.

I want to go to Bloomington a while today if I can to get some patterns for Ann.

B's mother has been writing us cards and is getting better.  It is almost a miracle that she didn't break some bones when she fell.

There just isn't any news to write so take care of yourselves."

                        Lots of love,

                               Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!