Monday, March 3, 2014

January 8, 1961 The Spaghetti, The Basket, The Digging Notion and The Idea


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"How do you like my nice paper.  I was too lazy to hunt anything else.

The Y.M.C.A. girls came early this morning and I fixed lunch for them.  There were 12 of them and I made spaghetti and meatballs for them.  But I had the big eye on the spaghetti & I think we're going to have to eat it all next week.  The girls ate a lot too.  I fixed a relish plate, French bread and apple cake to go with it.  It made a nice lunch and the girls had a good time.  They planned their meetings for the rest of the school year. 

B took Ann & went to a basketball game.  Bob was playing on his school team and made a basket so he came home happy.  B took the kids to a college game last night but I stayed at home to make the spaghetti sauce.

We've had two nice days and a lot of the snow has melted.  It gives me the digging notion when it gets sunny & warm.  But the weather man said it was going to get cold and the wind is coming up.

There isn't much news to write this week.  I haven't had to do much running around except for music lessons and grocery shopping.  I've had a little more time to do a few extra things like polishing my silver coffee service & washing the seats of the dining room chairs.  I had an idea for a play so I spent a whole morning getting that started for if I don't put them down on paper when I think of them then I lose the ideas completely. Maybe I have enough of it done now that I can finish it one of these days.

You didn't tell me your shoe size again.  Was if 8 AAA?  Maybe I'll run across some one of these days.

I guess I'd better get supper on the table.  Come over and we'll have spaghetti."

                      Lots of love,

                           Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!