Wednesday, March 19, 2014

April 5, 1961 Happy Birthday, Happy Easter and Three Bushels of Ironing

Dear Mother,

"Happy Birthday!   We hope your day will be happy from beginning to end and we wish we could help you celebrate.

All of us are fine and back into the old routine again.  I'm still trying to work my way thru three bushels of ironing & have about ½ bushel left to do.  It is disgusting to be ironing summer clothes when it is blue cold outside but I know I'll be glad they are done when the weather does warm up.  Snow is predicted for today but I'm hoping they are wrong.

Easter Sunday was bright, but cold.  I wore my winter coat and nothing new.  Our clothes were in such a mess that I was the only one that went to S.S.

I hope you like the material.  It is part silk & part rayon and hand washable.

I'll write a better letter later in the week but wanted to get this on it's way."

                   Love,

                        Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!