Tuesday, February 18, 2014

December 3, 1960 Shopping, Cleaning, Baking and Painting


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I'm all alone and it is terribly quiet for Saturday.  Bob has gone on a Scout camp-out but they are staying only tonight--will sleep in a lean-to and will probably come home sick.  It is warmer today but isn't very warm at that.

Ann has gone shopping with a friend and B has been at school all day for an Administrators' meeting.  They were expecting a big crowd.

I did my cleaning on Thursday this week so I've spent today sewing on a skirt for Ann.  Seems like I always have a pile of sewing even if I'm not making anything.  There are always hems to take up or down or something.

I don't know whether I told you the city topped the big elm next door.  We were worried about it falling on our bedroom roof this winter.  They brought the machinery into our yard and piled the yard full of brush.  They left it so long I was afraid it would be there all winter.  B said it would be a good place to hunt rabbits if they did.  They finally cleaned it all up but the heavy truck left big holes in the yard and I guess we'll have to take care of that.  I was kind of peeved about it but we were so glad to be rid of the tree that we didn't say anything.

Granny spent yesterday with me and helped me make cookies.  We made five batches.






B is getting along fine in the basement.  He has started to paint the walls now with latex paint to waterproof them.  We have to get more paint today in hopes he can finish this weekend.  The contractor hasn't brought us an estimate yet but when he is ready to start work B will have it ready.  He has been working every night he's home which is hard on him but he wants to get it done.

I hope you both are fine.  I want to get this mailed so will say bye for now."

                         Lots of love,

                               Bonnie

"Poo-doo" and her own family (Christmas card snapshots) shared in the letter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!