Monday, January 20, 2014

May 15, 1960 A Litte Rest, A Little Housework, Beautiful Weather and A Folding Lounge Chair


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I am so sorry about Daddy's accident and I hope it feels lots better by now.  Be sure and take care of it so you won't get an infection.


I am late with my letter because I slept all afternoon yesterday and didn't get it written.  We have been out every night this week except Monday and I had Brownies that day so it has been a terrible week.  I was so tired I had to get a little rest before last night.  We went to a dinner last night for the retiring people and B gives a talk at a dinner tonight for students.

I haven't done much housework this week but I did manage to get a coat of plastic on the kitchen floor.  It looks a lot better too.

We are having beautiful weather at last.  The tulips are still blooming and my iris have started.  I put out some pansies and they are doing all right too.

Bob is on a Scout camping trip with 400 boys.  They went Fri. after school and will be back this afternoon.  B and Ann went out early this morning but I had my Sunday School class so I'm just being lazy now since I don't have to cook dinner.

I got a folding lounge chair (lawn) for Mothers' Day so I think I'll lounge in the sun most of the day.

Bob is so busy he hasn't done much with stamps lately but he was happy to get the ones from Aunt Jane."

                      Lots of love,

                             Bonnie

NOTE:  Although the end of the school year was always very hectic, it also yielded some great party favors from University events.  The beach towel, pictured above, was one such treasure from the Spring Formal of one of the men's dormitories.  It was well-used and still is a favorite even in its threadbare state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!