Thursday, January 23, 2014

June 5, 1960 Through With Brownies, A Little Late, A Luncheon for 20 and Getting the Pot Boiling

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"One more week of school and the kids will be free.  They can hardly wait.  Bob's room had  a music program and a little tea Thursday afternoon.  I was a little late because I got a permanent and didn't get through early enough.

Things are about over.  I'm through with Brownies and Bob has no more Scout meetings for awhile.

You probably know that Horace and Mabel were here over the weekend.  We didn't get to do much but enjoyed having them.  I spent Tuesday cleaning the house because another girl and I had  a luncheon on Wed. for 20 women.  It was real nice and a wonderful day.

Today is really hot but it is better than the cold, wet ones.  The kids have been going swimming after school but I haven't had a chance to go yet.

Some church group had a bake sale today so I made a cake for that and then spent most of the afternoon working on a program for Sunday School tomorrow.  It is children's day.




I hope Daddy's foot is better and doesn't hurt him.  Is it all healed?  I dreamed you both had come to see us and I was so surprised you were here.

Our vacation starts July 1 but Bob will be at Scout camp for a few days so we won't come home that first day.  The kids want to be there for the 4th but I don't know yet.

B has started painting the house but he is so particular about it that it will take a long time.  He washes the house first and patches all the spots so it really looks nice when he's done.  We don't plan to do anything extra inside the house but I have to wash some walls this summer.

We haven't had any chance to sit down and plan our trip.  B hardly has time to eat, it seems.

The articles I sold were short, one-page things for children to do.  I had used the ideas in Sunday School with my kids and they enjoyed them.  I've been working on a child's story but can't find time to finish it.

I sent my book to another publisher but haven't heard from them.  They'll probably send it back too, but I haven't completely given up on it yet.

I had a good letter from Beulah this week.  It had been so long since I'd heard from her.

It is supper time and Bob is roaming the kitchen so I'd better get the pot boiling."

                     Lots of love,

                         Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!