Sunday, January 26, 2014

June 25, 1960 Picnicking, Painting, A Million Little Things and Heading West


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"The kids have gone to a Sunday School picnic and B is painting on the house.  He's had an awful time with the painting because of the rain.  It hasn't rained today yet but it comes up so fast and unexpected.  He will have to paint the end of the garage over because rain and hail started just as he finished painting it the other night. 

I've done a million little things this week.  Bob had to have a check-up for Scout camp and for school so we got that done.  He had his first tooth filling, too.

Ann was sick with a cold one day but seems all right now.  She is quite thrilled with the flute and we are both glad to have a rest from piano practice.

I'm glad Charlotte got a job.  I owe Beulah a letter along with a lot of other letters.  How are they doing?

We got your card in plenty of time.  I'd ordered B a swim suit for Dad's Day and I thought I might have to send it back but it was o.k.

Yes, I always keep a copy of everything I write.  If I can remember it I'll bring my plays so you can read them.  I haven't touched the typewriter this week and don't expect to get much done next week.

We plan to be home the 3rd or 4th but I'll write you a card when we finally decide.  Hope you both are fine."

                       Lots of love,

                           Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!