Friday, December 13, 2013

October 25, 1959 The Cold & Rainy ISNU Homecoming, The Spaghetti & Meatballs and The Return of the Book

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I'm late this week because it is homecoming weekend and we have been on the go.  It has been terrible weather and is real cold.  The wind and rain have ruined all the decorations on the houses but we went out to see them last night before the rain began.  It stopped raining for awhile this morning and the parade was good but we sat in the rain for most of the football game.  It was so cold that my toes felt like they would snap off.  Bob and Ann each had a friend to spend the day with them.  I fixed spaghetti and meatballs for them for lunch because B had a luncheon at school.  The kids got cold at the game and came home early.  B and I went to some friends for supper but were home before 8:00.  Ann has gone to stay all night with Becky now.

I went to a coffee one morning this week and then had the women in our department here Thursday night.  There were 30 of them and the house was full.  I moved the dining table back against the wall and sat some of them in there.



I have to go to a Sunday School teacher's meeting tomorrow afternoon and Brownies on Monday.  Then I hope there will be a few days that I can stay home.

My book came back today.  I haven't decided what to do with it next.  Maybe I can get it mailed out again if I don't have too much running around to do.

I must stop and study my S. School lesson.  Sunday morning is the busiest of any of them and it's time for S.S. before I get things done so I don't dare leave my lesson for morning.

Hope you both are fine."

                          Lots of love,

                                  Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!