Thursday, October 24, 2013

October 25, 1958 The Town is Buzzing, The Houses are Decorated, The Potatoes are in the Oven and It's Homecoming Weekend

Friday Night



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It is Homecoming Week-end here so the town is buzzing.  The houses are decorated and there will be the big parade and ball game tomorrow.  After dark tonight we'll drive around to see the house decorations and then go over to the big bonfire.  We have been expecting Phyllis to come in but she may not come this year.  I have some ham and scalloped potatoes in the oven if she does come.



The weather has been wonderful and my mums are beautiful.  The yard was so clean a week ago after we raked all day but it is full of leaves again.  Most of the leaves are past being pretty now and will soon be gone.



This has been a busy week but not so bad since we didn't have to both be gone at the same time.  I had a committee meeting Mon. night and B took the kids swimming.  We both went to Sorensen's Tuesday night and B had a meeting Wednesday.  I went to Quill Club Thurs. night and we were both  home the rest of the week.


This is Saturday.  We have been to see the parade and I can't get warmed up.  It is cold and cloudy today.  B will go to the football game but I don't know whether I'll go or not.  Ann can't make up her mind about what she wants to do.

I have written to Japan about the dishes for Mae and I also asked about the berry dishes you want but I haven't heard from them.  I asked for a price first.

I know the wide panels will look nice in Beulah's house.  Those rooms are so big.  Wattersons used that kind of paneling in the kids' bedrooms.  We considered it for the upstairs but got a better price on the narrow boards.

I'm not quite ready for cold weather.  The kids need gloves and Ann needs some slacks.  I must get them soon.

Hope you both are fine.  Do you think you can come Thanksgiving?  I still haven't written to Buddy & Bessie."

                           Lots of love,

                                  Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!