Sunday, October 6, 2013

May 24, 1958 The Plymouth, The Spring Recital, The Dentist, The Iris and The Columbine

Ladies Home Journal, Dec., 1957
 Dear Mother & Daddy,

 "B just phoned that he couldn't come home for lunch and the children haven't come yet so maybe I can get this written earlier this week.  We finally made up our minds about a car and have ordered a new Plymouth--light green with white top.  It will probably be about three weeks before we get it. 


The children had their spring recital Monday night and it was real nice.  B had to come late but got to hear them play anyway.  Bob will have his last lesson next week and Ann will take thru June.  Bob is going to start lessons on the clarinet this summer at school to see if he likes it.  His room and the 5th grades gave a music program yesterday to show parents what they have learned this year.

I went to the dentist yesterday too and have my teeth all fixed now.  One is a little sensitive but I hope that goes away.

School will soon be out.  Ann's room has a picnic next week and Bob's room is planning a roller skating party the next week.  I've promised to go with both of them and I think I'll try to skate.  I did once in the basement with the kids and got along pretty well.  I may not be able to walk for a few days afterward.

The iris are still blooming but have really passed their peak now.  My pink locust is just starting and is very pretty.  The roses are full of buds but none are blooming yet.  Two of my columbines are blooming.  Both are pale yellow but have enormous blooms.  The others are full of buds so I hope I have some other colors.


We are going to a housewarming tonight for the friends who want the pink locust.  It is a surprise for them so should be fun.


The potluck group meets here tomorrow night and I'm not half done with cleaning.  All I have to make is coffee though, so it is easy to have them.

There are 3 teas coming up so we may not get much done till school is out.  We must get our books out of the basement though so we're going to have to do something.

Hope you both are fine."

     Lots of love,

           Bonnie                            

NOTE:  The clipping was included in the letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!