Saturday, October 5, 2013

May 18, 1958 Terribly Late, Wonderful People, Wonderful Weather and Gorgeous Iris


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I'm terribly late this week but just couldn't help it.  I cleaned for the weekend on Thursday and then went to a banquet that night.  I was chairman of the nominating committee for Faculty Women's Club so had to make the nominations that night.  I got my dress done and wore it.  It looked real nice.  The tile men were here that day too and worked all afternoon to finish the stairs.  The tile really looks nice.

Our company got here Fri. evening at supper time so I had made rolls, been grocery shopping, taken Ann to a piano lesson & fixed supper so it would be ready when they came because B took them to the Passion Play that night and it started early.  They didn't get home till almost 12:00 that night.  Wes took them home yesterday afternoon after a nice visit.  They are such wonderful people.

We have the potluck group here this coming Sat. so I must get my kitchen cleaned.  I can't seem to stay home long enough to get anything done.

The weather has been wonderful and my iris are simply gorgeous.  So far, I have around a dozen different colors.  I spend a lot of time just looking at them.

Bob & Ann have a piano recital Monday night.  They had rehearsal yesterday morning but I sent them by themselves.  Bob spent Fri. night with a friend in the country and Lynn stayed with Ann.

We have been looking at cars but I don't know whether we'll ever decide what to do or not.  Ours needs work done on it if we don't trade pretty soon & we'll have to have tires.  We have looked at used ones and new ones but our old Hudson is so comfortable and roomy we are spoiled.


School is out around June 8th, I think.  The kids will have a few days vacation before summer school.

Hope you both are fine."

                             Lots of love,

                                  Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!