Tuesday, October 8, 2013

June 7, 1958 The Bedroom, The Last Day of School and The Burro

Bonnie, June 1958
Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Maybe I'll get this mailed on time if I start now.  My legs need a rest before the kids come home so it's a good time to write.

I have spent the week on the bedroom and hope we are about finished in there.  That room hasn't been so clean since the house was built.  We have painted the whole thing--even the closets.  I am ready now to clean and polish the floor this afternoon.  I have ordered some drapes and just hope they are all right so I won't have to make any.  We will probably have to move the rods and then do a little patching.  I hope they come today so we can get through.  The rug is at the cleaners so we may have to wait on it before moving in.

Today is the last day of school and the kids may be home early.  Bob got such a good report.  I went skating with his room Tuesday afternoon and had a wonderful time.  I hadn't forgotten how to skate and it did make me sore at all.  I thought I'd be stiff as a board.

Ann's choir had a picnic last night so I helped haul the kids to the park and home.  I painted in between times and we got through about 11:00 last night.  I'm looking forward to a lazy summer when I get all my projects finished.

Our yard is so pretty now.  The Paul's Scarlet is beautiful and the Betty Prior is just covered.  A few iris are still blooming.

I had a nice letter from Beulah.  I had sent Jerry some money for his birthday and she says he is about to buy a burro.  Bob almost popped he got so excited about it.  I'm so glad they are rid of the turkeys.  How is Nobel's arm now?  She didn't mention it.

                                                                                                Friday morning

The drapes didn't come but the floor is all clean and we'll just have to wait now.  Today is the senior reception so I can't get anything done this afternoon.

We finally got a rain and a storm with it last Sat. night.  Trees came down and the town was a mess of leaves and twigs.  Power went off about 9:00 that night and was off most of the night.  We did need the rain and everything really perked up.

It's time I got to work.  Take care of yourselves."

                               Lots of love,

                                     Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!