Thursday, October 10, 2013

June 22, 1958 The Sun is Out, The Pool is Open, The Car Came In and The House is Cluttered

 Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It is still cool and rainy but the sun is out today.  Everything is growing so fast but the ground is really soggy.  The pool opened last Sunday but it was too cold for me.  B took the kids for a few minutes and they thought it was wonderful.  I have gone twice and Bob has gone every day that the rain wasn't pouring.  I got a little too much sun one day so my shoulders are peeling a little but they didn't blister or get real sore.

Our car came in Wed. afternoon late but we didn't get it until Thurs. night.   It is easy to drive but will take me a while to get used to it.  It is almost the same color as the house and is a real pretty car.

B & Bob go to Scout Camp this afternoon.  We just hope it doesn't rain on them.  They really look bedraggled when they come home but always have a good time.

Ann has one more piano lesson and then we'll stop for the summer.  I'll be glad to have the rest from practice.

I painted all day yesterday but didn't get very far.  I did get the inside of the big closet painted and it looks so much better.  The house is so cluttered with things piled around.  I hope we can get that room painted & in order next week.

I never seem to find time to write anymore.  I keep thinking I'll spend some time at it but there is always something else I have to do.  I need to sew now but want to get the house straight again before starting anything else.

Hope you both are fine."

                              Lots of love,

                                        Bonnie

NOTE:  The snapshot was taken by the piano teacher at the last lesson of the summer and the one below is of Bob's last day of school class photo.


The teacher, on the far left behind the back row was one who was loved by all.  She was one of our mom's best friends and they wrote lengthy letters to one another for 35+ years after her retirement.  I received a wonderful letter from her in 2011, detailing the fun times she shared with our parents, her memories of life as a teacher and her wisdom for educators today.  We were saddened to learn of her recent death on Sept. 1, 2013, although she lived a full and happy life for 100 years.

(Thank you, Denise Grupp-Verbon for sharing the obituary.)

2 comments:

  1. DKG sounds very interesting! I just looked them up and see that there is a chapter in San Jose, so I have sent them off an e-mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know if you join! Great idea and thanks for sending me back to Faye's obit for the explanation of DKG. LOL, I'm old.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!