Monday, September 23, 2013

February 24, 1958 One of Those Weeks, The Four Boys and Thick on the Streets



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I am really late this week.  But it has been one of those weeks when I didn't even get my ironing done.  Last Monday night we had our second grade party and it was horribly cold but 180 people came anyway and had a good time.  Ann was sick so we had to get a sitter and Bob stayed home too.  B had his class to teach so I had to go alone.  B came over later and helped supervise the kids in the movies while the parents had a meeting.

Wednesday night was the Founder's Day dinner at school.  We had to host a table--just go to a table early and see that people got introduced.  The University is now 101 years old.  We went to another dinner Friday night and then had four high school boys come to stay all night.  They were real nice boys and we enjoyed them.  They left a nice Thank-You card on the piano.  Their meeting at the church began Friday evening & ended after supper on Sat. so they left their clothes here all day Saturday.  I got their breakfast & I thought I'd never get them full.


Our women's group cooked their dinner Sat. night so I made a salad at home for that & then went to the church about 3:00.  I worked awhile, then came home & got supper and went back to help finish up.  My feet are sure tired today.




This week is going to be as bad as last.  We have something every night but one, I think.

Today is such a wonderful warm day.  Cars are really thick on the streets.  We just came home from a ride.  It was so cold last Sunday that we had only a few at S.S.  Today the room was about full.  The kids are out without coats and I just hope they don't end up with colds.  Ann has a cough yet but that's about all her last cold amounted to.

Hope you both are fine.  I'll try not to be so late next week."

                           Lots of love,

                                 Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!