Saturday, August 31, 2013

September 14, 1957 The New Thomas Metcalf Laboratory Training School, The New Glasses, The Piano Lessons and The Quill Club


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It's been a big day since this was the first day in our new school.  Everything is so new and fresh.  I think I'm as thrilled with it as the kids.  Bob and Ann both got teachers they wanted and are happy about it all.  The building is to be dedicated on Monday.


Our Sunday School class had a picnic tonight and it was such a nice evening.  The weather is about perfect now--or has been today.  Yesterday was wet and miserable.


B got new glasses this week.  The lens for his bad eye is awfully thick but the eye is seeing anyway.  I hope Daddy will go to the clinic here when you come in Oct. for these doctors sure know eyes.  I wish both of you would have your eyes checked there one time anyway.  We haven't got the bill yet for B's glasses but expect it to be big for that one lens had to be specially prism ground.  Bob's glasses were $16. and the examination was $10.00.


B has really worked this week--gone early and stayed late.  There is still a lot of work to be done before the records are all straightened out after registration.  B plans to work all day tomorrow and if they don't finish they will have to work Sunday morning.  It has to be finished before classes start Monday.

Ann is still happy in her music lessons.  I have asked the teacher to take Bobby but I don't think she has room for him.  She said she would see what she could work out but hasn't said anything yet.  If she can't take him we'll just stop his lessons.  I hate to, but that's the way he wants it and it had become such a chore.  I have already told them at Wesleyan that we wouldn't be back.

Ann had a nice letter from Beulah today.  I was so glad to hear from her.

Rosalynn writes to us every once in awhile.  We wish we could come home often enough to help them but I guess we couldn't help anyway.  She would call us if we are needed but it makes us feel bad that we can't help them.

We didn't know the Small family that was killed near Versailles.

I went to the Quill Club last night.  That is the writers' group.  We had a picnic supper and didn't do any reading.  I can't see much chance of doing any writing very soon.  I've got to get some walls washed in the hall.

It is getting near bedtime so I'll say goodnight.  Hope you both are fine."

                              Lots of love,

                                       Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!