Friday, August 23, 2013

July 7, 1957 The Family Swim, The Mixed-Up Week, The Student Helper and Coming Home


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We just got home from a swim at the Y.M.C.A.  It was a little cool but the kids always have such a good time.  Bob does real well in swimming & Ann tries real hard.  She hasn't had enough lessons yet for her to swim.

I didn't get far with this last night.  T.V. was on & I can't do much with that going.

This week has been all mixed up.  B drove to Michigan to a funeral on Monday.  The wife of the chairman of our department died so all last week-end was kind of bad.  Fri. night we were asked to stay at the funeral home for an hour, the funeral here was Sat. afternoon & then the Michigan funeral was Mon.  B took two men with him and Woody took a car load.  School was out for the long week-end on Wed. & then B's vacation began then too.

We've still got the student helping but his job in the cornfields will start next week.  He's been so much help we hate for him to leave but he can make lots more money.  He has all the heating in--did it all alone, much of the framing & they are working on the plumbing now.

We are planning to come home this next Friday.  We'll leave about noon so it will probably be around 8:00 when we get there.  I think we'll bring Lynn if you don't care.  I haven't mentioned it yet to her or the kids so if you do object write me a card right back.  She may not want to come but I feel so sorry for her.  All three children are fine, really, but she is very unhappy about it all.  We'll work out the sleeping business when we get there.  B & Bob may go to Belshe's anyway & we could all go if Buddy & Bessie come.  I'll write them & Beulah a card so they'll know we'll be there.  We can't stay long--will come back on Monday.  That way the kids will miss only one day of school.

Must start lunch.  I'm so glad Uncle Floyd is home.  I hope I can go see him when we get home."

                                  Love,

                                        Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!