Tuesday, July 23, 2013

September 29, 1953 The Upcoming Visit, The Directions, The Rugs at Last and The Worrisome Drapes

Lizzie and Clyde, Bonnie's parents
Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Ann bounced in from school just as I started this.  She talks a mile a minute so it may not make sense.

We are thrilled to pieces that you are coming to see us and don't worry about bringing anything at all except yourselves.  We will look for you Tues. but if you can't get here by then you had better call us (if there isn't time to write) because I'd be worried.  The kids can hardly wait.

I suppose you'll go to Buddy's on the way.  We are easy to find.  Stay on 66 until the turn off for Bloomington.  That is City 66 and goes straight thru Bloomington and on into Normal.  City 66 is also called Main St. both in Bloomington & Normal.  Stay on this street until you come to a stop sign beside the University farm.  66 turns right here and becomes Willow Street.  Stay on Willow for three blocks.  This takes you to School St.  Turn left onto School St. and our house will be the second one from the corner on your right.

I'm so glad you have your rugs and know you are both glad, too.  Deciding on something big like that can almost make one sick, sometimes.  My drapes almost worried me to death.

I want to get this mailed so we'll be looking for you."

                           Lots of love,

                                Bonnie

            

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!