Tuesday, June 25, 2013

February 11, 1956 Painting, Limping, Coasting and Collecting Rags


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"You may not be able to read this for my hand is tired.  I've been painting again.  This time in the children's room.  It was a hodge-podge of colors but one wall has a nice circus paper on it and there is a wide border of the same pattern around the whole room.  The background of the paper is light blue so I'm painting the other walls & woodwork the same blue.  I bought blue sheets to make drapes and it will be a very pretty room when I get done.  I'm using an oil base paint for I don't like the water paint at all.  It doesn't get hard enough and chips off.


Life, Sept. 25, 1955
B's foot is better but he still limps and still has it bandaged.  It looks much better but hurts.  He has walked to school most of this week.

This has been a real messy week with snow and then mud.  There are big puddles between home and school and the kids can't resist wading thru them.  I don't know how many times they have been soaked this week.  They love the snow and our yard has just enough slope for a little coasting.  Some of the children go to slide on one of the streets that is a good hill but I'm not letting mine go for the street isn't blocked off from traffic.

I know you can find enough rags for your rugs.  Ask the club women.  Any old rags would do.  I sent some old rag rugs that were in shreds.  Olson would send you the rugs with the coupon I have for 30 lbs. & the rest can be sent later so when you are ready to order let me know.

Tell Beulah I'll try to write her soon.  I'm ashamed I haven't even thanked her for Bob's nice birthday gift.

Take care of yourselves."

                 Lots of love,

                         Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!