Friday, May 17, 2013

March 12, 1955 The Indians, The Gamma Phi Circus, The Earring and The Chicago Trip


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Another Friday already.  Ann's class had a program about Indians this afternoon so I have been to that.  They made costumes and it was real cute.  I took some pictures and I hope they will be good.


Tonight is the school circus and the kids are excited about going to that.  The college students put it on and they usually have a professional or two to perform.  Bloomington is winter quarters for lots of circus people.

Image from The Index, ISNU Yearbook
Ann went back to school on Wednesday.  She still had lots of chicken pox scabs left.  One was hanging on her ear today and I took it off.  She informed me that she wanted that left on for an earring.

The weather has finally turned nice.  We are all enjoying it and I have been doing some cleaning.  Seems like I have more pep when the weather is nice.  Of course, I can get more done when I don't have kids under my feet.

I sure do like my new blouse.  It came Monday and you couldn't have sent anything nicer.

Buddy told us at Xmas that they were coming up right away, but then the winter turned so awful no one could go anywhere.

I still haven't written to Roger.  I am so behind with my letter writing.

B enjoyed his Chicago trip.  There were three meetings he attended.  He actually took part in only one.  Sen. Fulbright was a speaker at one meeting.

Bob still likes piano.  I think the class is doing fine.  There are 12 children in all.

Ann is outside with some good shoes on so I'd better go see to her.  She is hard to keep up with."

                     Lots of love,

                           Bonnie

NOTE:  The picture above of the kindergarten "Indian Day" is the only one I could find.  I remember making the milk carton moccasins and the fringed grocery sack vests.  Cowboys and Indians was a favorite activity throughout the year. 

1 comment:

  1. I planned to be a cowboy when I was little. It took me 50 years but I succeeded. Despite Mom's optimistic words, the music talent went to Ann.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!