Thursday, April 25, 2013

November 5, 1954 Gold in the White Snow, A Big Game Party and Playing with the Aerial



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This week has been so hectic that I have lost count of the days.  We had a real good snow that stayed on almost three days.  The kids were as excited as I have ever seen them.  They played outside every minute they could even if it was real cold.  The leaves were still on many of the trees and it looked so funny to see the trees just like gold in the white snow.  The mulberry leaves in the neighborhood were still green and all on the trees.  But the cold made them fall off and the yard next door was just carpeted with green leaves.

Bob has had a cold and now Ann has it.  My throat is sore so I may have it too.  I started taking some sulfa pills we had left from last year so maybe they will help.

Tomorrow night the faculty women are having a big game party to raise money for a new student building and I am on the committee so I have spent a lot of time this week on that.  We have invited some people to go with us so I can't very well get down with a sore throat.  B went to a meeting in Peoria last night with a bus load of school people and Toni and I went to P.T.A.

Wattersons have a T.V. set out on trial so B and Watty are going to have fun tonight playing with the aerial.  They are going to try to rig one up inside and not get a big one.

B didn't have to talk at church.  He told them he would if they couldn't find anyone else but we wanted to do it when both of us could go.  The adults in the church have a pot luck supper once a month and it was for that.  They had a speaker engaged but he couldn't at the last minute.  B will give them a talk after Christmas.

Ann is talking so I'll have to stop.  She never stops talking."

                       Lots of love,

                            Bonnie





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!