Friday, October 5, 2012

July 26, 1952 Coming Home, Going to Woodriver, Going to the Dentist and Leaving Paris

High School friends--Bonnie, Mildred & Bernadine, 1937

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Friday again!  It won't be long now till we will be home.  It has been cool here for a few days and I hope it has cooled off there.

We are planning to drive to Woodriver tomorrow to spend the day at Bernadine's.  She called the other night to say that Mildred would be there tonight and she wanted us to come and stay all night.  That would be too hard so we are just going for the day.

I have been going to the dentist.  He found four cavities and has filled three of them.  One has been bothering me tonight but I hope it will be all right tomorrow.

Watty leaves Paris tomorrow (Sat.) and will be home Sunday late or Mon.  They flew, and also gain some time with the differences in time so it won't take him long to get home.  They are going to eat supper with us Mon. evening.  I'm going to have hamburgers.

B got a new radio magazine with some very nice cabinets pictured.  We'll bring it to show you and talk about a cabinet when we get there.

I'm so glad Cliffie got a new piano.  I'd love to have one too."

                             Lots of love,

                                    Bonnie

NOTE:  In world news on July 26, 1952, newspapers around the world honor Eva Peron on her death.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/26/newsid_3660000/3660875.stm


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!