Monday, October 29, 2012

July 24, 1953 Not Much News in a Very Long Paragraph, Coming Home and Waiting for the Piano

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"There really isn't much news but I thought I'd go ahead and write while I had a few minutes.  The college board o.k.'d B's leave of absence so now we are really down to business with preparations.  There are so many details to attend to besides routine packing and renting our house.  Our landlord told us to arrange anything we pleased about renting our house.  I have sewed most of the week and finally finished my suit.  Maybe I didn't even tell you I was making one.  Last spring I bought a piece of blue wool tweed when it went on sale and put it away for fall.  It made a lovely suit but it isn't as neat as I'd made it if I'd had more time.  I want to make myself a house dress that won't have to be ironed or Ann a nylon pucker dress and that will be all besides a little mending.  We get shots twice a week and that takes a lot of time because we always have to wait in the doctor's office.  Ann has a sore throat and has been cross today but had penicillin yesterday and we hope that will nip it.  B had a letter from Dr. Wise at Springfield wanting some information about the award.  We haven't any idea how he knew it.  If it comes out in the paper there will you save it?  We had an information booklet this week telling us what to expect and what to bring.  I can't tell you much about it now but we'll bring the materials home when we come and you can read it.

School is out Aug. 7 but we don't know when we can come home.  It will depend upon what we can get done between now and then.  I'll let you know as soon as we know.  We can't very well be in Richland for Ann's birthday because we'll have to come back here before we go to Seattle.  We will fly out of Chicago.

We're still waiting for our piano.  We'll just leave it here but wish it would come.  Sorensen's have a big attic so we'll store things there and not have to bring them home.

I wrote to Buddy and to Beulah.

How have you been feeling, Mother?  You haven't mentioned it in a long time.  Hope you are better."

                  Lots of love,

                       Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!