Wednesday, May 30, 2012

March 27, 1948 Still Sewing, Still Haven't Heard and No News About Baby

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"There just isn't any news this week.  B had yesterday off since it was Good Friday but we weren't out of the house.  Today is cloudy and gloomy but at least it's warm.  The ground is thawing out and the streets are just awful.  Our street is black-topped and is full of big holes where the surfacing has broken.  The winter was hard on everything.  Tomorrow is Easter but I haven't a new bonnet.  I plan to buy a navy hat when they go on sale after Easter if I see anything I want.  I hope to finish my red jersey this afternoon and then start on a wash crepe.  It is grey with white polka dots and I think I'll make it like that brown wool with buttons down the front with gold buttons.  It will have to have short sleeves though.  Did you notice that petaldown is available again?  They had several pretty pieces in the store here but no polka dots.  My material is not petaldown but much like it. 

There isn't much news to tell about Bobby.  He grows so fast we can almost see him grow and he's getting so heavy.  He makes lots of different sounds and is always surprising us with a new one.  The only bottle he has now at night is at 10:00 but he's ready at 6:00 every morning and sometimes earlier.  I guess you have the pictures by now.  We were real pleased with this group.

We still haven't heard more from the Ill. job so I have given up hopes.  B thinks he'll hear from them but it has been so long now that they probably have found someone else.

Bobby is sleeping.  He always takes a short nap before his bath.  It is getting close to bath time so I'd better get busy."

                 Lots of love,

                       B & Bonnie
              

Clipping in the letter from the NY Times
NOTE from Ann:  In the news,  there was continuing talk about the U.N.'s decision on Palestine.  See Eleanor's comments in her My Day entry:  http://www.gwu.edu/~erpapers/myday/displaydoc.cfm?_y=1948&_f=md000925
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!