Wednesday, May 23, 2012

January 27, 1948 Home, Happy, Fussy, Better, B Cooks and All About Baby

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We are home and are so happy to be here.  B came for us about 12:30 Saturday and we got home about 1:30.  Soon afterwards it started to snow and kept it up all night.  There is so much snow piled up that there's no place to pile anymore.

We are getting along fine.  The baby has been fussy both nights but was better last night so I guess he'll soon be used to being home.  He has been so good all day today.  Alice came early and cleaned up the apartment and washed Bobby's clothes.  I don't do anything except take care of him and lay around.  I really could do what there is to do but no one else thinks so.  It will probably be better in the long run if I don't do much, I guess.  B does all the cooking and has really been feeding me good.  It is wonderful to be able to eat what I want and as much as I want.

Thanks for the dollar.  We'll start Bobby a bank account with it.  Billy Young (the Springfield boy that was at Yale the first year we were there sent one too and Sully's mother wrote me the loveliest letter.  We didn't send them an announcement but I guess Sully had told them about the baby.

Tips from Woman's Day Magazine, 1948
There just isn't any news so I'll stop.  I want to powder my face before B comes.  I took my bath early this afternoon but never did get my make-up on.

Hope to have a letter soon."

             Lots of love,

                   B, Bonnie & Baby



NOTE from Ann:  Sad world news this week, for Gandhi was assassinated in New Delhi only a few days following the end of his fast for peace.  For the interesting account by an American reporter: http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/gandhi.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!