Sunday, May 20, 2012

December 22, 1947 Boxing the Candy, Making Some Calls, Fearing Temptation and Two More Weeks


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I wanted to get this letter written in time to mail it early today so you would have it before Christmas but I didn't get it done.

We fixed up boxes of candy for the people in B's department and yesterday took the Richards theirs.  B and Dr. Richards went to the woods and got us a little tree and some hemlock and I spent almost all afternoon trimming the tree and fixing decorations for the apartment.  We look real Christmasy now but I didn't have time to do any cleaning up so there are twigs and scraps all over the place.

We made some calls late in the afternoon and took the candy to the others.

The Faculty Wives party was awfully nice last night and there was a big crowd there.  The food was just wonderful and I can eat more normally now.  After we ate Santa came in and handed out little presents.  I got a tube of toothpaste and B got a tiny purse size clothes brush--fine for suede shoes.  Then they had a quiz program and music--very entertaining.

It was  year ago today that we started home.  The weather isn't anything like it was then.  It is quite mild and I don't think we'll have any snow very soon.

I hope Daddy's cold is better.  He had better take care of himself or it will hang on all winter.  We are both fine.  We got a laugh out of your letter for I had just told B that you would all get excited if our letters were the least bit late.  Dr. January told me last Wed. that it would be at least two more weeks.  We are looking forward to the baby's coming much more than Xmas of course but we plan to have a nice dinner and day by ourselves.

Your package arrived in good shape.  We haven't even cut the string for fear we'll be tempted.

We love you all and would like to be with you.  Think of us for we'll certainly be thinking of you."

      Lots and lots of love,

            B & Bonnie

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!