Saturday, May 5, 2012

April 15, 1947 The Crossed Letters, The Wonderful Days and All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Our letters must have crossed for we wrote them on the same day.  It does seem like a long time since I was home.  I'm all rested again and feel fine.

I'm so glad Beulah is feeling better.  I had a letter from her this week.

We have had some of the most wonderful days.  It has been warm enough to open the windows but is cold and gloomy today.  Yesterday was sunny but a little chilly.  We took a ride after church--didn't go anywhere but just wandered through back roads.  That is where you see the pretty country.  We stopped and pulled some pussy willows.  There is loads of it here.

I have the material for your blouse but haven't cut it yet.  It is the same stuff as my good white blouse so will be nice and still wash.

Aggie and Karl ate supper with us Saturday night.  We had sort of an anniversary celebration since Sunday was our sixth one.  It was the first time we've had them up here and we've eaten down there so many times.

B found out a few days ago that the dance is to be informal so I won't be wearing a formal but it was a good thing I'd made it for we found out almost at the last minute that we were expected to go formal for the reception after the play. You should have seen us all dressed up.  B looked real distinguished in his stiff-bosomed shirt.  It was fun.

The bid (6,000) that Melvin made sounds reasonable to me.  I've been noticing the porch roofs that have the railing on top and some are flat and others are sloped slightly.  Make it like you want it no matter what anyone else says.  I hope you can make it the size you want, too.  Your plans certainly aren't too large and you need 2 bedrooms.

Edith Swann is coming to spend the day with me tomorrow.  I guess you remember that her husband is in B's department.

B is home now and is hungry so I'd better stop and fix supper.  Hope to hear from you soon."



                  Lots of love,

                       B & Bonnie

The eyelet-trimmed formal Bonnie made for the dance, only to find out she didn't need it for that event, but did for the reception following the spring play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!