Friday, April 27, 2012

November 20, 1946 The Beautiful Refrigerator, The Tilt Back Chair, The House Full of Company and How the Nazis Went About Their Work



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We are still having beautiful weather but it is cool and when we get up in the mornings everything is frosted over.  Even the trees were white this morning and looked like it had snowed.

You should see our new refrigerator.  It's a beauty.  We went back to the store Thurs. to inquire about it and they had one for us.  It was sent out early Monday morning.  I think I told you it was 7 ft.  It has the unit on the right side so it makes a big place for milk bottles.  There is a big storage tray for meat and the freezing unit is large--has four cube trays and room for frozen foods.  Then there are two big covered dehydrators for vegetables.  We sure are proud of it but it cost $20. more since O.P.A. went off.

I went to Middletown with B last Wednesday afternoon and we found a chair for the living room.  It is a big tilt-back chair with a hassock.  It was marked down from $75. to 29.50 because it was dirty.  We thought that I would cover it but when it was delivered I took the whisk broom to it and it won't have to be covered.  The spots were only dust and came right off.  We felt that we really found a bargain.

This week I've been working on the bed trying to get it upholstered.  I bought chintz for the bed and drapes.  It is white with pink rosebuds and real pretty.

I washed this morning so haven't done anything to the house.  I washed with Lux so it doesn't look so good but will have to do.

Friday night Mr. Rollins (one of the teachers) came home with B for supper.  The Richards (with the old house) came about 7:30 and then the preacher came so you see we had a house full of company.

The speaker at club Thursday was one of the college teachers who was a victim of Nazi education when he was a boy.  His parents got him out while he was still young but he told us how the Nazis went about their work--controlling school, youth movement, etc. while he was a part of it.

If you can't find a farm can't you rent from Cockran until Spring or is someone moving in?

I finally sent the leggings and Charlotte's birthday present.  I can hardly wait to see if they fit.

My rug is all one color--no pattern.  Bissell sweepers are only 6.95 and sure are handy things.


B is coming home for lunch so I have to think of something to fix."

                    Lots of love,

                          B & Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!